The East Street Redesign is an effort to reexamine the whole of East Street, from North Market Street in the north to Monocacy Boulevard in the south. The City wants to know the following things:
- How does the road serve its users, businesses, and residents?
- How well does it do its jobs of supporting travel, hosting businesses, and being home to its residents?
- How could it do these things better?
At the end of the design process, including extensive public outreach, the community will have a better understanding of the corridor and a baseline design for its future that captures Frederick's spirit and vision.
Presentations, Videos, Documents
Process and Progress
This project has three distinct phases, each followed by soliciting feedback:
- Assessment of existing conditions
- Public Information Session and Survey (February 28; watch)
- Sketch concepts drafted
- Stakeholders meeting (March)
- Second stakeholders meeting (May)
- Final design concepts and recommendations
- Presentation to the Mayor & Board (August)
Total Cost: $60,000 (paid for by the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board's Transportation Alternatives Program)
Length: 2.2 miles
Lead Consultant: Kittelson & Associates