- Police Feature Links
- CALEA Accreditation
The Frederick Police Department is CALEA Accredited!
The CALEA Accreditation programs provide public safety agencies with an opportunity to voluntarily meet an established set of professional standards, which require:
- Comprehensive and uniform written directives that clearly define authority, performance, and responsibilities
- Reports and analyses to make fact-based and informed management decisions.
- Preparedness to address natural or man-made critical incidents
- Community relationship-building and maintenance
- Independent review by subject matter experts
- Continuous pursuit of excellence through annual reviews and other assessment measures
Accreditation Public Comment Portal
As a part of this process, we provide an opportunity for public feedback via the CALEA Portal which can be located here: Frederick Police Department Accreditation Comment Portal
The purpose of this public portal is to receive comments regarding our compliance with CALEA standards, engagement in the service community, delivery of public safety services, and overall candidacy for accredited status. These comments can be in the form of commendations or concerns. The overall intent of the accreditation process is to provide our agency with information to support continuous improvement, as well as foster our pursuit of professional excellence.
It is important to know that CALEA is not an investigatory body and subsequently the public portal should not be used to submit information for such purposes. Additionally, there will be no response other than acknowledgement to submissions, however, the information will be considered in context to its relevancy to compliance with standards and the tenets of CALEA® Accreditation.
Standard titles may be viewed on the CALEA website: Law Enforcement - Standard Titles. The level of accreditation the Frederick Police Department participates in include only those applicable standards that are in bold. Questions related to the accreditation process may be directed to the Accreditation Manager.