Bulk Trash Collection
The City of Frederick will offer a once-per-calendar year free collection of bulk items for each household. The City also offers pick-up for a service fee as stated in Section 10-21 of the Frederick City Code entitled Bulk Waste, subsection f.
To schedule your free annual pickup:
1. Count and review your items. For the annual free appointment, residents are permitted to place approximately ten (10) items for pick up. Check the accepted items list below. Is everything listed you plan to put out? Can anything be recycled?
2. Submit a request via our online portal. On the application, you will need to list out the items you plan to place outside. If you anticipate putting out more than 10 items, please call 301-600-1377 to discuss adding "pick up for a fee" to your request.
3. Place your items out for pickup. Items should be placed as closely as possible to the public street in front of each residence or structure on a lot. At no time will collection personnel enter houses, buildings, fences, or private property to collect bulk waste.
Items acceptable for pickup:
- Appliances with refrigerants removed
- Grills (tanks removed)
- Large toys
- Mattress and box springs (3 per household)
- Push mowers (fluids removed)
- Swing sets
- Trimmers (fluids removed)
- Weed cutters (fluids removed)
Removal of Property Eviction Set-Outs
The City of Frederick does not provide this service on a routine basis. It is the property owner’s responsibility to remove larger or set out items. When a set out is identified, the city notifies the property owner and he, or his evicted tenant, is given 48 hours to remove the items.
In the event that the property owner shall fail or refuse to comply, he shall be fined $100 for each successive 24-hour period that the material remains. At any time, it shall be lawful for the city to remove and dispose of the material and charge the cost to the violator.