About the Facility
The Hillstreet Skate Park is located in the Hill Street Park. The park encompasses 17,000 square foot. and is constructed of concrete.
Many amenities await skaters of all ages and abilities, including:
- Two pools
- A clover bowl
- A full street area
The Hillstreet Skate Park is a free skate park open to the public between the hours of 7am and dusk. The park will not be supervised by staff. Please be aware that all persons using the facility do so at their own risk.
Rules & Regulations
- The Skate Park is not supervised. Please remember that all persons using this facility do so at their own risk.
- In the event of a serious accident, call 911 and advise the operator that you are at:
100 Hill Street
Frederick, MD 21703
Next, contact the Parks and Recreation office at 301-600-1492.
- The Park is open from 7 AM until sunset daily unless otherwise posted. Closed when surfaces are wet, icy, or snow covered.
- No loitering, trespassing, or skating when the park is closed.
- Graffiti and vandalism are not permitted in this park. Failure to comply will result in park closures, permanent loss of use of the facility, and/or prosecution.
- Gang activity, alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs are prohibited. Report suspicious activity.
- Fighting and disruptive or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Profanity and recklessness will not be permitted.
- Contests, demos and competitions are prohibited unless sanctioned and/or authorized by the City of Frederick Parks and Recreation Department.
- Helmets are recommended, and you are encouraged to wear safety gear, including elbow, knee, and wrist guards.
- Do not use features or elements beyond your skill level.
- Unauthorized ramps and obstacles are prohibited.
- No food, drinks, or glass containers in the skating area.
- Please place all trash and recycling in appropriate receptacles.
- The City of Frederick Parks and Recreation Department does not assume responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Everyone must enter and exit through designated areas only.
- No amplified sound in the Skate Park, parking lot, or surrounding areas. Personal music devices are permitted, provided headphones are used.
- Skater etiquette is expected at all times.
- Bicycles, scooters and motorized vehicles are not permitted.
- Have fun, be courteous, and skate safely at all times.